Book of Odds believes its people to be its finest asset. Without the hard work of our staff, none of what you see here would be possible. If you're passionate about numbers and enjoy the fun, entrepreneurial environment of a start-up please feel free to apply to any jobs listed below.
We are a group of individuals who share a passion for knowledge and an excitement for new things. Our culture is collaborative and entrepreneurial. We hire only the nicest and the smartest people we can find and avoid bureaucratic red-tape wherever possible. We believe that opportunity breeds success and we constantly challenge our people to grow and contribute. At Book of Odds, everyone has a voice.
- We are a lean organization and strive to be data-driven in our decision making and planning.
- We place enormous value on transparency, accuracy, and rigor.
- Our people are multi-faceted; we wear many hats (or bow-ties).
- We will share our love of learning and information with the world.
Current Job Openings
Research Associate Job Qualifications
Strong research and analytical skills. Major in relevant discipline and relevant coursework such as statistics, microeconomics, health economics, sociology, biology, biostatistics, and a strong academic record. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office® and data analysis). Doggedness and creativity. Precision in language. A passion for quality and the ability to do incisive research that uses the strongest analyses and datasets. A desire to contribute to a project which is likely to have an enduring impact.
Research Associate Job Description
Research Associates will work on development of a novel database of probabilities. We are seeking strong researchers with a “freakonomics"-style combination of curiosity and concern for accuracy of data and validity of analysis. Experience with data such as census, crime, or health and disease is helpful. Strong work ethic required and quality consciousness. Contributions to this project will be credited in its publication and on website.
BOO will consider applications for the following positions:
- Co-operative Education assignments or internships (full-time for a specified period of time, e.g., 3 months to 6 months).
- Part-time employment: Minimum of 16 hours per week.
- Undergraduate juniors or seniors (Co-operative Education assignments, internships, or part-time). For co-op students, having completed a previous co-op is preferred.
- Graduate students (all types)
Compensation is commensurate with educational level and experience.
How to Contact Us:
Please send a resume to: email@example.com, indicating the type of position (e.g., Research Associate 6-month co-op) in which you are interested in the cover note.