I don’t think that life is ever normal for a survivor. I was meant to die and so often I escaped death.
I’m sitting here on my little twin bed in the athlete village and I can’t even fathom how awesome these last two-and-a-half weeks have been. Opening Ceremonies feels like a lifetime ago and now tomorrow is the last day.
My brother was the first alternate for this Olympic Games and four short days ago, he got the call that he would be competing. His teammate Dylan Ferguson had surgical complications and had to drop out of the aerial competition.
I can’t even begin to tell you how exciting it was to receive my Olympic bronze medal. I remember getting my silver medal in 2002 at the medal plaza downtown in Salt Lake City, but this time meant even more to me.
When I was little I always wanted to own my own business. My fiancé, Matt, and I had always talked about starting up a company after I was done skiing. We didn’t quite know what it would be. We just knew we wanted to do it.
Hey everybody, I literally have 10 minutes to write to you so I will try to do the best I can. I can not believe that I am now a three-time Olympian and two- time Olympic medalist. It is just incredible!!
Today was quite the day to start off the Olympics. We had a great morning of training in the pouring rain! Our course is in great shape; however, it was difficult to see while skiing it.
Today we decided to do some team bonding and went to go see the Capilano Suspension Bridge. It turns out to be a beautiful park that is filled with suspension bridges through the trees, out on to the cliffs, and also really high above a fresh mountain river.
Today came very early, 4:20 am to be precise. I was asked a few days ago if I wanted to go on the Today Show and do an interview with Matt Lauer. Of course I said yes, Matt Lauer and the Today Show are awesome!!
Waking up this morning there is still some official business to take care of. Our entire team has to do a press conference in the late morning. Before we head off to that our trainer, Alex, takes us to the local gym and we do a quick power and endurance session.
- Live from the Olympics: goodbye to the Olympics and the best time ever
- Live from the Olympics: and baby brother makes two
- Live from the Olympics: back on the Olympic podium
- Live from the Olympics: my business—Silver Bean Coffee
- Live from the Olympics: a view from the top
- Live from the Olympics: Opening Ceremonies—Let the Games Begin!
- Live from the Olympics: A Family Visit
- Live from the Olympics: Day 3 in Vancouver
- Live from the Olympics: Press Conferences and Practice Runs
- Live from the Olympics: Day One at the Olympics
- Live from the Olympics: Headed to Vancouver
- Live from the Olympics: Practice Makes Perfect
- Live from the Olympics: Q&A
- Live from the Olympics: Well-Wishers and Inspiration
- Live from the Olympics: An Off-Day
- Live from the Olympics: Take-Off
- Live from the Olympics: Stars and Stripes and Hopes and Dreams
- Live from the Olympics: Qualifying for the Team
- Live from the Olympics: Hello from the "Mogul Mama"